Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Tower of God Q&A

tog lahel rachel star

• Please log in to reply
2563 replies to this topic

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

For simple question & answers, please use this thread.

But first, try to find the answer in one of the links provided.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thread history:

Started out as just a place for me to post Q&A stuff that was on Korean fan cafe, but now evolved to Q&A among users.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions and Answers posted on SIU's Fan Cafe.

http://cafe.naver.com/inutero3334

Translated and picked at my whim. :P

Just gonna add some helpful links:

http://towerofgod.wikia.com/wiki/Contents (Please note that incorrect info occasionally makes its way onto the wiki pages.)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jOMsuq4k26iCWUH9qoPWo-2EOPKN7nzwLMk5vcuH8hM/edit (Blog post translations)

Edited by ♫The Manta Rays-Alright!, 05 October 2014 - 04:20 PM.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
Question

Original Question:

Spoiler

Translated:

You said that there were 13 weapon series that resemble a sword such as the Black march, Radiating June, Red October.
And the 13 months probably carry unique weapons (Though, I guess the Rainbow Undecimber could differ)
If the Black March is the strongest of all the needles, does that mean the 'Radiating June' and 'Red October' carries a 'sword-like' shape but not a 'needle'?

p.s
Could you tell us the names of weapons of each month?

And how many types of weapons are there in the tower?

What of Koon's weapon?... I just can't seem to understand it's nature...

Roughly, seems like defensive... Is the bag a shield... Maybe a sheathe for sword... uh...

Answer

Original Answer:

Spoiler

Translation:

1. The Black March is not the strongest of all needles. There are plenty of needles which are stronger than the Black March. It's just that the Black March is a very 'special' weapon.

2. A needle and a sword are completely different category of weapons. They also have different shapes. ^^

3. These are the Blacksmith Edwaru's 13 month series weapons.

1. Silver January
2. White February
3. Black March
4. Green April
5. Yellow May
6. Luminous June
7. Indigo July
8. Blue August
9. Dark September
10. Red October
11. Gold November
12. Colorless December
13. Rainbow Undecimber

4. The tower has a large variety of weapons. You could say it's infinite ^^
The notable set of weapons will be explained in the blog in due time.

5. Koon's weapon is extremely special

Source: http://cafe.naver.com/inutero3334.cafe?iframe_url=/ArticleRead.nhn%3Farticleid=780
* You must register on his blog to see.

Improved Answer:

Spoiler

Silver January
White February
Black March (Yuri Zahard) Currently in Baam's possession. Needle.
Green April (Anak Zahard) Hook.
Yellow May (Koon Maschenny Zahard) Koon family's only princess.
Luminous June (Alphid Zahard) Currently known to be "missing".
Indigo July
Blue August
Dark September
Red October (Arié Hagipherione Zahard)
Gold November (Adori Zahard) Top 10 High Ranker.
Colorless December (Anne Zahard) Top 10 High ranker, currently sealed.

Rainbow Undecimber (Assuming without possession.) Inventory

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
Question: Headon.

Spoiler

mm... if we look at Headon's face from earlier...
Posted Image
The eyes are at that position...,
Posted Image
But now the mouth is there... mm... mm...
Could it be that in that long crevice(?) there are both mouth and eyes?
Or were the eyes omitted in the drawing to draw emphasis on his smirking laugh...?

Answer by SIU:

Spoiler

You are correct, both the mouth and eyes are there ^^

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
Question: Aftermath of climbing and failing in the tower.

Spoiler

For example... Lets say a person stopped their climb at 100th floor.

He cannot climb any further than 100. Then, he would have to go back down (To his tome... ;)

I'm wondering about the afterhmath.

A regular that's climbed to a fairly high rank, but didn't die... What kind of treatment would he receive in the outer tower.

Or does he get scouted somewhere??

Answer:

Spoiler

If they stop climbing the tower, they can choose to live in the middle area, or move to a lower floor and live on with a new job.

Of course, depending on how far you climb, the way you're treated differs greatly.

It's like climbing the corporate ladder. ^^;

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
Question: Height of Failed Ajussi.

Shorted Version.
Posted Image

3m and 2m. Respectively.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
Question: When the [2nd] regulars test ends

Spoiler

In short, when the test for evankhell's floor (floor of test), do they

1. The 3 people who have become friends continue moving together.
2. They say bye bye and all go their own ways.

Author!! Please pick one!!!!!! (heh)

Answer by SIU:

Spoiler
Number 3

Angryfan1

Angryfan1

Potato

• Members
  • 139 posts
thx for translating that also how do read the letters on those sites i have glasses and i have to squinting to read what is in those boxes
...Don't ban me again.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts

thx for translating that also how do read the letters on those sites i have glasses and i have to squinting to read what is in those boxes

It's like being able to read bad handwriting after getting used to reading so much poorly written english. You get used to seeing them and you get to expect patterns. It's just a question of fast reader versus slow reader at a larger magnitude. If ur wondering how ppl read tiny Korean... you should try looking at chinese characters. Sometimes, they just look like a black square box.

Gabs88

Gabs88

Russet Potato

• tC Donator
  • 378 posts

On a sidenote. Ctrl+scroll is your friend ;)

GwhoisJ

GwhoisJ

Fingerling Potato

• tC Donator
  • 75 posts
  • LocationThe College of William & Mary

On a sidenote. Ctrl+scroll is your friend ;)

And not just any friend... an extremely friendly friend that is one of many fun computer shortcuts

Infinity can not be fully realized because it is something without bound, but everything we know is finite, has boundaries, ends, and we can measure that. For example, although we can conclude through logical and mathematical extrapolation that magnetic fields extend to infinity we have no way to measure that they in fact do.

baam99

baam99

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 390 posts
Hi everyone, does anyone know if the author stated Lahel is an Irregular in his blogs?
Thanks

CrazyRed98

CrazyRed98

What Legends Are Made Of

• The Company
  • 514 posts
  • LocationBed

Hi everyone, does anyone know if the author stated Lahel is an Irregular in his blogs?
Thanks

I don't think he has. I would believe he would save that spoiler for his manhwa.
~~~CrazyRed98~~~
"I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul." - William Ernest Henley
Posted Image

baam99

baam99

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 390 posts
Hi everyone, just wanted a bit of clarification on a certain point.

Is the Manager, of Shinsoo, of a particular floor the same as the Guardian of the Floor?

One of the reasons I ask is because of the following statement part of a translation of the Author's blog:

11. There are Guardians each floor, and they have control over the Shinsoo on their floor.

If this is true then it means that the Manager, with whom, Baam has a contract is that big Eel.

Thank you.

meece

meece

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 22 posts

Hi everyone, just wanted a bit of clarification on a certain point.

Is the Manager, of Shinsoo, of a particular floor the same as the Guardian of the Floor?

One of the reasons I ask is because of the following statement part of a translation of the Author's blog:

If this is true then it means that the Manager, with whom, Baam has a contract is that big Eel.

Thank you.

I think so. Manager and Guardian are the same. The ruler of a floor is totally different. I suppose you could think of the guardian as being something like a god while the ruler is the strongest person on the floor.

Hence why "Red Tower" Enryu killing one was such a big deal.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
Guardian is simply not the terminology that I used.

While "manager" sounds rather lame... the korean word used for it really means manager... So... I just used it.

The ruler of the floor is someone like Evankhell for 2nd level.

baam99

baam99

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 390 posts
Thanks for the clarification Grumpy.
I was curious, why we have not met the Guardian of the Tower yet, then discover that the Manager is the Guardian...lol
So the Manager/Guardian of the 2nd Floor has made an appearance early on.
I don't think Evankhell will make an appearance, he supposed to be on leave.

The DCG

The DCG

Fingerling Potato

• Donator
  • 58 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas USA
So, if I am understanding the Q and A (along with the Blog translations thread) correctly: A Ranker is someone who has climbed the tower to some extent or another beyond level 20? The higher the floor reached, the higher the, er, rank, of the Ranker? Hence 'A' Ranker, and the like? (E, D, C, B, A and S, maybe? Those seem common for ranks of various things...)

It just did not seem that everyone, er, working for a living on Evenkhell's floor are people who have received 'whatever they desire,' for reaching the top... Unless they desired to work a day job for a living, I guess...

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
A (an english article) ranker is someone who reached the top of the tower.

Based on their skill and (probably) some procedure of giving titles, a position of a high ranker is assigned. The grades of rankers such as A, B, C, etc (such as Evan being A grade guide) is not defined on it's details as far as I'm aware of. There's lot of additional info on author's blog, and lot of stuff I don't read. :P

Avlis

Avlis

Potato

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • LocationGermany
Any news from their site Grumpy?

Pasteduck

Pasteduck

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 697 posts

A (an english article) ranker is someone who reached the top of the tower.

Based on their skill and (probably) some procedure of giving titles, a position of a high ranker is assigned. The grades of rankers such as A, B, C, etc (such as Evan being A grade guide) is not defined on it's details as far as I'm aware of. There's lot of additional info on author's blog, and lot of stuff I don't read. :P

Isn't there rank based on achievement within the tower? I think there is some organization/group of people who actually classified people/rankers within the tower. So some ranker/candidates does something amazing and this group determines if your worthy to be pushed up or given a better grade. So I think...I could be WAYYYYYY off.