Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

The remaining rankers, translated.

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

25th_chestnut

25th_chestnut

Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 155 posts
I should've posted this in the main thread, but this time, there's quite a bit of info, and I feel like things get lost if posted in the middle of the thread...

So here are the rankers 8, 10, 11 and 14

8. Adori Jahad
Spoiler

10. Ha Yurin
Spoiler

11. Tu Peri Tperi
Spoiler

14. Po Biduh Gustang
Spoiler

fistsofrage

fistsofrage

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,596 posts
You are awesome, thanks a lot xD.

Edit: Wow, the bios are so interesting :) I wonder if Adori will let Baam call her Adoru xD. Or maybe Baam will be the first to successfully interrogate Gustang.

Edited by fistsofrage, 29 February 2012 - 08:35 PM.

25th_chestnut

25th_chestnut

Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 155 posts

It's funny, because the only reason I took the time to do this was because I stumbled across the 'discussion' between you and lordbaael in mangafox, and I thought, 'this guy is an idiot'

So out of spite, I translates these, >.<

P.S. - He called my translations 'wrong and confusing', they weren't that bad... were they?
(Also, I checked out his translations... now THEY were pretty wrong at certain places)

Edited by 25th_chestnut, 29 February 2012 - 08:33 PM.

Lazy Tiger

Lazy Tiger

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 526 posts
Thank you chestnut! :) Great work, just great work!

fistsofrage

fistsofrage

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,596 posts

It's funny, because the only reason I took the time to do this was because I stumbled across the 'discussion' between you and lordbaael in mangafox, and I thought, 'this guy is an idiot'

So out of spite, I translates these, >.<

P.S. - He called my translations 'wrong and confusing', they weren't that bad... were they?
(Also, I checked out his translations... now THEY were pretty wrong at certain places)

Lol, thanks for doing it. Your translation of the chapter was pretty spot on too so I'm not sure why he thought you were using google translate.

Edit: Now that I think about it, he was confused about a lot of other things too so I'm not really surprised tbh.

Edited by fistsofrage, 29 February 2012 - 09:10 PM.

Chi

Chi

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts
Thanks chestnut! You're awesome!

(loool I also saw that discussion and he seems to like to diss other people's translations and interpretations quite often ._. > I get the feeling that he isn't very accepting of other people's ideas on what's happening...)

Anyways...

THANK YOU!!!
Posted Image

"No matter how small a baby shark is, it can't swim with the sardines..."

Xelab

Xelab

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 42 posts
Thanks for the translation :)

> Of the three ‘Opera’s, one is in the hands of Tperi (However, he does not use the Opera, he uses a even greater Light House called ‘The God’s Eye’, creator unknown)

Lol this confuses me, he created the Light Bearer position and the Opera lighthouses but he owns an ever better lighthouse which he didn't create. I wonder if he designed it but someone else did the craftmanship.

Edited by Xelab, 29 February 2012 - 09:59 PM.

25th_chestnut

25th_chestnut

Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 155 posts

Great work :)

> Of the three ‘Opera’s, one is in the hands of Tperi (However, he does not use the Opera, he uses a even greater Light House called ‘The God’s Eye’, creator unknown)

Lol this confuses me, he created the Light Bearer position and the Opera lighthouses but he owns an ever better lighthouse which he didn't create. I wonder if he designed it but someone else did the craftmanship.

I think it's related to the great mystery that is Jahad and the 10 Warriors.

Tperi is the first Light Bearer, but people don't know how he became one. He himself said that "The Heavens gave me the Eyes of God (or God's Eye)". So... perhaps a Guardian or even a greater entity gave it to him?

Laurens D

Laurens D

Baked Potato

• tC Donator
  • 1,475 posts
  • Locationin the tower!
Thanks a lot, well, can agree there might be confusing parts but pretty good translated Thank You!! The others are probably used to simplefied text :P

Edited by Laurens D, 29 February 2012 - 10:12 PM.

Posted Image

This is not my fault!

You could have bought my cookies.

Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Russet Potato

• tC Donator
  • 487 posts
  • LocationAustralia
Thank you so much, info is up on the wiki now :)
Disclaimer: I'm often rude without realising it so try not to get too offended.

Pasteduck

Pasteduck

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 697 posts
Thank you for all the goodness of these top rankers. Ha Yurin is one I especially like because it talks about Yuri but all of them are great.

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront
Thank you very much on these trainslations :D
It's really different about Tower of God. In manga's I've read so far, you get all the infro from the chapters themselfs. Here in ToG, you need to find the info yourself (go to places like ToG Wikia), it makes it little more interesting, and a lot more different :D It's fun :D

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

Yu Han Sung

Yu Han Sung

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,989 posts
  • LocationIn Cake Heaven, stuffing myself with cakes(chocolate, fruit, etc.). Mmm... :D
Nice, I like the details.

Slowly, the world is shaping and we're not even anywhere near 30% of the story. The translations are fine, a bit rough in some places but readable.

Edited by Yu Han-Sang, 01 March 2012 - 04:16 AM.

http://www.cakewrecks.com/home/2012/3/29/sheep-who-must-not-be-named.html
For pony!!! :D

Miseng is supposedly the Prince of Zahard and thus, a trap. SIU, you've completely outdone yourself this time. :D :D :D

And I'm very sorry, I just rarely accept friend requests these days. I don't really do Facebook friend requests. Maybe next time. :P
------------------
Even though I like TOG, I have no favourite characters. There are only characters I get attached to, for the moment and some traits I adore, just for a while. In the same way, there is no character I hate or dislike. I may get annoyed, angry and so on, for a while.

fistsofrage

fistsofrage

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,596 posts
Adori taking out an upper level ranker while a regular is the perfect example of what we want to happen with Baam lol.

Edited by fistsofrage, 01 March 2012 - 04:42 AM.

Wave Catcher

Wave Catcher

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationEurope
Incredible! Thanks for your hard work. :)

I agree that it was a good idea to create a new topic for this information, but please also post this in the sticky, if you don't mind. With time, this thread will fall off the front page, after all.

Edited by Wave Catcher, 01 March 2012 - 05:03 AM.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
That's really awesome! I wonder if Tperi made the Operas while trying to re-create the functionality of the more powerful God's Eyes? That'd make sense...

I also agree with the new post. Personally, I think the best format would be something as follows:

1. Master Author Blog/Translations Thread
No discussions allowed in this thread. It is separated into the following sections:
- Shinsoo Mechanisms, positions, etc.
- Tower Politics: Top Rankers, 3 Elders, 10 Families, Princesses, 13 Months Series, etc.
- Weekly blog comments
- Anything else
As I said, no discussions. But a translator can add new posts with new info.

2. General blog info discussion thread.

3. Separate threads for new info, like this one.
I think it's worth knowing that a new info has become available for reading. People can comment in these separate threads, and the info is added into the Master Author Blog/Translations Thread for easy finding back once discussions have slowed.

Edited by Mizura, 01 March 2012 - 05:15 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

Wendy

Wendy

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Location77th Floor
thank you sir.

didnt we get to see Jaina Repelista Jahad (A princess that never climbed the Tower, uses the Opera to spy on the world) in one of the earlier chapters in arc 2?

Edited by Wendy, 01 March 2012 - 10:19 AM.

Posted Image

Gizmos

Gizmos

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 854 posts
Thank you so much! I wonder if Androssi and Adori have some kind of relationship since their names are really alike?
P.s: your translations are reaaly good I think, it is very understandable and no grammar mistakes I could see...

dkkd123

dkkd123

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 43 posts
Could you please give the link to the original text? I really don't want to go through walls of text to find this

Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Russet Potato

• tC Donator
  • 487 posts
  • LocationAustralia
Page 5ish on the Master Author Blog thread.
Disclaimer: I'm often rude without realising it so try not to get too offended.