Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Mangafox - How NOEZ does Business

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
117 replies to this topic

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts
Edit: Since this thread turned into a redundant discussion and was closed I'm going I'm planning to move all the all the posts that contain actual information. Feel free to point out if you think I have missed something.

New topic here

Also some of the below might not make much sense anymore since there will be posts missing.

=============================================================================================================

That was an interesting read. Though I was aware of at least some of it already, seeing it backed with links is nice.
Will you be updating? I sure hope so.

That way some people might understand why many scanlators (including the Company) don't like Mangafox.

Edited by mhh, 10 April 2012 - 10:42 PM.

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts
Welcome to Batoto Asa! :)
Thanks for sharing this rather sad (I don't know what else I could call it) story with us!
What you are describing seems to be very similar to what is happening at Mangafox right now.

The only thing we can do about how they do their business is raise awareness and try to provide an alternative.

Asa

Asa

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
thx for the welcome^^

the problem is that most ppl are aware of the situation, but a few Bucks for them and they change their mind :unsure:

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts

Always suspected that Mangafox and Mangahere are run by the same people. I am half Chinese and I must say that it is not impossible for my "blood relatives" to do such things without even thinking twice... And to think that China's government censors their internet content heavily.

Anyway, I am new to the forum, glad to be able to join.

Welcome to Batoto! :)

If you feel like it you can start your own introduction thread here.

cloudyfog

cloudyfog

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationDAT ASS!
i have small suggestion, it's a bit cruel but might be working... you guys noticed some of scanlation group releasing troll chapter? with the each character dialog changed into what is mangafox/mangahere doing to all scanlation group by ignoring waiting time, etc.

my suggestion is:

1. take all scanlation group representative that didn't agree with what mangafox/mangahere doing together into 1 irc/msn or yahoo or other messenger convo.

2. tell everyone to stop releasing the real scanlated chapter, and release the troll chapter(as the real chapter, ex: this week naruto chapter is 665, and the next week release is chapter 666,make the troll chapter released under chapter 666 number so they gonna download and upload it on mangafox/mangahere) about what mangafox/mangahere doing just like before.

3. from what i saw on mangafox, the uploader can be any1(dunno if i'm wrong, so correct me if i did), make 1 user account there and upload the troll chapter(in case they realize this farce and stopped uploading chapter using their uploader there).

4. do this for 1 month or more depend on result(yes i know what will happen to the people that waiting for the new release and me aswell, but if nobody going to do anything this will keep on happening since those NOEZ or whatever their company name keep ignoring what scanlation group policy each time and every time).

5. profit? (well if this did implemented, i hope mangafox/mangahere really going to respect the scanlation group policy.. each of them)

tbh for myself its going to be hell since i wont see any new chapter release if all scanlation group working together to do this but if this idea can change things, i feel happy too..

cheers. :)

Sniter

Sniter

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • LocationSwiss :D
a question rather unrelated to this topic ._.
why went OM down?

Edited by Sniter, 08 November 2011 - 06:13 PM.

KayBorn3000

KayBorn3000

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationEcchi Land

a question rather unreleated to this topic ._.
why went op down?

What!?!?!
Spoiler

Graeystone

Graeystone

Potato

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationNW PA

a question rather unrelated to this topic ._.
why went OM down?

Do you mean One Manga?
The manga publishers(in the US, Japan, elsewhere) wanted online readers to be shutdown for copyright infringement. One Manga complied while MangaFox and whoever else didn't. A lot of other online readers popped up afterwards and in my estimation Batoto is the only one that can be called 'One Manga's Successor'.

Posted Image

Power without Love leads to tyranny. Love without Power to protect will fade.

The only absolute thing about absolute techniques is that sooner or later somebody absolutely breaks them.

There are no fan-boys. Just an-girls who don't need a bra and their plumbing is on the outside.

krytyk

krytyk

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • LocationPoland

Do you mean One Manga?
The manga publishers(in the US, Japan, elsewhere) wanted online readers to be shutdown for copyright infringement. One Manga complied while MangaFox and whoever else didn't. A lot of other online readers popped up afterwards and in my estimation Batoto is the only one that can be called 'One Manga's Successor'.

I disagree, onemanga had completely different policies. And they made money out of scanlations too.

Closest to current batoto was Mangatoshokan, which was hit hard by US Publishers, they have respected scanlators will, did not compress image's and left it in unchanged quality, never interfered with credits and stuff.

If im not wrong, they used slogan "From scanlators for scanlators", rings a bell?:)

Edited by krytyk, 16 November 2011 - 05:29 PM.

Retired Manga Cleaner/Redrawer @Manga-Heaven, @kono-basho, @wangan-scans, anonymous and more.
Illustration editor

Light Novel translator

Trebor

Trebor

Voice to the Voiceless

• Administrators
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationUSA

The thing that is getting to me is that at Mangafox, some of the ignorant posters there are putting up threads asking like "what is the deal with all of these watermarks slamming mangafox by the scanlators?" and the veteran posters are basically saying that scanlators are immature children who are picking on mangafox because they did nothing wrong and scanlators are ruining it for everybody. Thats not what is really bugging me. What is bugging me is that there are people out there actually BLAMING the scanlators for this situation to get as big as it did and how it had to come to this. Yea the ones that are providing the scanlations in the first place and just want to protect their work is getting blasted because they are making life of the lurkers at Mangafox more harder in reading their work. You would think the big "F*** you Mangafox" watermarks would actually tell you that mangafox must have did something bad to piss off the scanlators, the sources of the manga they enjoy. But I guess they dont realize, or choose to remain ignorant/in denial. And sadly there is ALOT of them, you really wont see a dent in Mangafox activity for a good while, shame.

Out of curiosity, do you have links to these threads? I'm interested in seeing public opinion on watermarks
Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
when did the scanlators ever think that the manga is their property???
the person that wrote that on the Sekirei forum is really funny. he doesn´t know anything but just has to say his own opinion.

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts

Actually some do. I distinctly remember a certain shoujo manga group (a few other groups too though) that had at least a dozen "active" projects at once. Some of their projects were on hiatus for months if not a year. When another group decided to take up the project for the fans, they started bitching and raising a fuss on their website and IRC cause they were the first ones to work on it so they owned the "rights" to it. You need to ask for their permission to do it and of course they refused since they "own" it.

well see here is the difference.
I admit what that shoujo group did was wrong, and as I said the majority of the scanlators aren´t like that. everywhere there are people who think that they have the right to do things their way.
but, to take the work from people and make money of it and don´t even try to respect the policy of the group is just wrong.

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts

Pretty much this, Hero. I have nothing against scanlators, at all. Why would I? They're the reason I can read manga that I can't find in my country. But stop acting like they're all some holy saints that never do anything wrong.

did you read the replay that I wrote to Jack Ryder post???
like I said, they are not holy saints, but the most groups don´t want anything from you. yes, there are groups that say 10 posts and you can download from our forum but they don´t take the work from other people and try to sell it.
I think you (Vaygr) and I came to a point where we can´t understand the other one, I would say let´s leave it at that.

Sieg

Sieg

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • Location.
I'm not judging anyone. I'm not even saying anything bad about anyone. Not sure what you're talking about.

You really didn't understand my post and I'm terrible with words, so I guess I understand why.

Banana Bread

Banana Bread

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 36 posts
Hmm, it's kinda weird though that we see MF or MH ads in the banners sometimes.
Posted Image

Look at Gunter dance or you can click this ---> http://www.batoto.net/group/_/j/jshoujo-scans-r324

Weaper

Weaper

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 242 posts

Hmm, it's kinda weird though that we see MF or MH ads in the banners sometimes.

The ads are generated automaticaly by google based on similitude of content. That's why you can see ads for some manga reader like MF or MH on Batoto's mangareader or other scanlator's reader.
It doesn't means that we support them.

Posted Image

Sun-Ken RockGunnmMemories of Enamon

Spoiler

Sieg

Sieg

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • Location.

You did judge me and every other scanlator out there with that line. EVERY means EACH AND ALL. There is no misunderstanding in that word. I don't know what motivates other scanlation groups and I am not going to pretend that I know. I do know what motivates me and my group and I can tell you it has nothing to do with fame (was that supposed to be a joke? Hell, most people who read our scans think we are a part of Null and we are not and have never been.) and it certainly isn't ad money-- we have never taken a donation or money from advertisements. I am not going to sit here and tell you that scanlating is legal. It isn't. But those are not reasons by which we scanlate. It is not why WE do what WE do and by we I refer to myself and my group but I am sure there are other scan teams that would also fit.

Noez has become shady, dishonest and quite frankly is an insult to the entire basis on which scanlating began. It started off as a fine site, but the greed of Noez corrupted that. I do not want my work displayed there as it may be mistaken that I support their ideals and their ways of doing things. I do not. This is why I try everything I can to inform and attract attention to their actions and try to support sites like Batoto which still goes on the ideas of why scanlating originally started. So these blanket statements you are making are like spitting in my face.

If I do not understand your post then that is because you do not know what you are saying yourself.

Are you blind? I just said that's not what I meant.

• Guests

The ads are generated automaticaly by google based on similitude of content. That's why you can see ads for some manga reader like MF or MH on Batoto's mangareader or other scanlator's reader.
It doesn't means that we support them.

Thanks for straightening it out Weaper.
Glad i lurk more before jumping the gun and making a report about it... silly me (~_~)*

Edited by ashax, 05 December 2011 - 07:00 PM.

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts
Just a friendly reminder from my side that this thread was originally meant to gather information, facts about the company called 'Noez'. I do appreciate discussion but please try to remember what this topic was made for. Thanks.

Ren

Ren

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 26 posts
  • Locationhttp://lazyass-scans.org
Your answer:
Spoiler

Edited by Ren, 12 December 2011 - 07:54 PM.

Posted Image